YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Wind can be a problem

 The maintenance guys were making great headway cleaning the lake with the skimmer but mother nature threw a monkey wrench in Friday's plans. Wind can make the skimmer very hard to control with the paddle wheels not to mention getting it onto the trailer. We can not have it being blown into a rocky or shallow area while skimming. I have watched the trailer loading process and it is like threading a needle. That being said, the lake as a whole looks pretty darn good compared to many Fourth of July weekends I can remember. I can walk to the end of our pier and see down at least five feet. That is pretty clear. We are gaining on it.
 I wish the "Dip" was a little better but it is passable considering the circumstances. Enjoy the weekend with family and friends. I know we will be.
Ken