YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Friday, September 12, 2014

My congratulations to our gate staff

Thursday evening between seven and eight I came in through the west gate. I drove in on the inside lane, stopped, and proceeded only to hear the lady in the guardhouse yell out the window to me. I backed up and she said "What are you doing?" Still not thinking what I had done I said "Going through the gate." She was all over me like an oversized suit. Of course one does not just stop and proceed through the inside lane. I knew that but didn't think and treated it like a sensor gate. She checked out my name and address then allowed me to proceed.
Am I angry? Heck no! She was doing her job and doing it well. I appreciate her determination to not let anyone through the gate that didn't belong here. Nice work.
Ken