YOUR MOST IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF CANDLEWICK LAKE NEWS, EVENTS, AND OPINION.
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENT FROM THE CANDLEWICK LAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Goose meeting (Thanks Barb Appelhans for the pics)

Since this blog contains my opinion as well as events and announcements I feel free to have my say. Everyone at the meeting had every right to put forward their feelings but I have to say some of the ones opposed simply did not have the facts straight and leveled charges that couldn't hold water. It became strange enough that one resident actually stood at the mic and started talking about what should be parked in driveways. That in no way pertains to geese. Many had good solid comments but the strange always seem to appear as well. I will not use names but anyone at the meeting knows those I refer to. When the meeting ended Joe Rush even asked for us please to remain civil with one another after the meeting. I doubt anyone reading this doesn't know my view but just in case, I say go for it. These geese carry everything from Ecoli to Listeria plus viruses and fungi. They also defecate at a rate of 1 1/2 lbs per goose per day. They fertilize our lake and help algae to grow. I have said before they are the rats of the bird world.  Ken
Joe Rush and Chuck Hart













DNR representatives


Theresa Balk (GM) proving the program was well publicized